If I was stuck on a deserted island and could only have one food, well, let’s just call it a desserted island to be more precise! It would be ice cream. I love all food, and I hate to discriminate, but ice cream is the most amazing food in the world. Depressingly, I do not have an ice cream freezer and have never made homemade ice cream. But, I did find a recipe that only uses a regular freezer and that was the project for today!
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Directions (20 min)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and stir in the condensed milk and vanilla. Fold in the crushed cookies and whipped cream. Pour mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan lined with foil. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
Finally! I have accomplished 6 new recipes in 7 days. Other than the minor bump in the road on Sunday, I would call it a success:) Now, back to some other projects – I think I am going to take a little break from the cooking and baking. Don’t want to overwhelm you guys too much. Be ready for some art updates soon… I’ve been working hard.