This recipe is a Brussels sprout salad. Now, I know Brussels sprouts have kind of a bad reputation – I’ll be the first to admit I never eat them. I thought giving them a second chance would be a great choice for this challenge. THIS MADE BRUSSELS SPROUTS AMAZING! The recipe was absolutely delicious. Definitely making this one for dinner more often. Here’s a picture of a side dish I totally could’ve eaten as ,y whole dinner:
- 2 center cut bacon slices, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots (1 large shallot)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced (5 cups)
- 1/4 cup fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Directions (28 min)
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring often. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan; drain bacon. Add shallots to drippings in pan; saute 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add butter and Brussels sprouts; saute 3 min. Add broth; saute 2 min. Stir in vinegar.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in pepper and sprinkle with bacon.
Complete success. Also, to all of you followers out there (thank you first of all) and sorry I blogged twice in one day. I don’t want anyone to think I am spam blogging, it was just a really long day at work. Have a nice evening and give these Brussels Sprouts a second try:)