Happy 4th of July!
Today’s project was patriotic rice crispy treats because I just had to be festive somehow. The goal was to use the blue and red food coloring to make the rice crispy treats as American as possible. Also, these were for the BBQ, and everybody loves them so it was a safe recipe (so I thought). Well, certainly not my most successful day. This is the easiest recipe out there and I botched it! I clearly didn’t use the right amount of fluff, or enough food coloring. So they are semi-patriotic and they don’t really stick together. This is why they are still in the pan and not stacked up on a nice plate… they certainly would not be able to stack! So, I have some lightly colored, sweetened rice crispies. Yep, definitely not my best. I also need to work on my plating so these pictures come out a little more tasteful… room to grow!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème or 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
Directions (30 min):
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Who doesn’t love a little taste of summer? Try this recipe out this week (Just don’t do like me)!